Wedding blog to share interesting ideas I have found.

Monday, May 17, 2010

I am the Little Hokkien Princess Christine!

Now as a working wife, I really hardly have much of a time to cook for Sir woodblock. Therefore for the past few Friday noon, I been trying to rush off quickly from work to hide in my kitchen whipping out side nice dishes for Sir woodblock (this also helps to save a lot of $$$ for us).

For the past weeks, i have been into cooking korean dishes and i soon got bored of it and decided that I will cook up something else => Yam rice and Ba Ku Teh plus Fried portobello mushroom.

Of cos by the time i got back home from work, there isnt much time to spare so i turn to some "external" help. But this Yamie Yam rice is really not bad! Well at least woodblock had sang praises for it during dinner time=)

Something you dont know about woodblock 1:
Now the nickname for woodblock is really no exaggeration well at least to pple who knows him. If you ever asked him for any review/opinion for food.....

Scenario 1: If the food is not nice or yucky....
Woodblock says: Not nice but I will still eat.
Scenario 2: If the food is so so, neither here nor there or with nothing special in particular....
Woodblock says: The food can still be eaten.
Scenario 3: If the food is fabulous and wonderful....
Woodblock says: The food is not bad.

Princess Christine: NOT BAD ONLY?!?
The best thing about woodblock is that his answer is universal for all sorts of items eg. clothes, furnishing etc even the opinion of his wife =(

I almost gone NUTS when I heard his famous "NOT BAD" opinion about his crazily wonderful, adorable and OUT OF this world WIFE(in the good sense of course)!

Ok let's not digress from my cooking journey....


My favourite brand of Ba Ku Teh but not many pple like this due to its spiciness. For me I have been drinking the Ba Ku Teh from this Pearl brand since I was young so it taste nostalgic to me =)

Not to forget the 8 cloves of garlic to make the soup even more aromatic.

While snapping evidence of me being the wonderful wife (through the pics of the food preparation), I realise I miss out one important thing which is the essence of the whole cooking journey to show to Sir woodblock
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Hello!!!!! I am not a little penarakan!

I am the Little Hokkien Princess =)

The orginal pic =)

No comments:

Post a Comment