I came across this on the forum today and found it very meaningful =) This will perhaps remind us about how to keep up with our r/s with our htb or even wtb after getting wed.
10 Things Happy Couples Do
1. Go to bed at the same time. Remember the beginning of your relationship, when you couldn't wait to go to bed with each other to make love? Happy couples resist the temptation to go to bed at different times. They go to bed at the same time, even if one partner wakes up later to do things while their partner sleeps.
Princess Christine Says: As young working couples, we don't usually have much time spent with our spouse. Therefore it will be good to have a little common activities together for bonding eg taking a walk after dinner or even lounging to some red wines at night. If you like, you can even listen to romantic songs while lounging together => very romantic feeling sometimes but of cos dont do it everyday lol(will lose its magic). Sometimes woodblock and me will share playing nds litte games together =) so enjoy each other companies to the fullest !
2. Cultivate common interests. After the passion settles down, it's common to realize that you have few interests in common. But don't minimize the importance of activities you can do together that you both enjoy. If common interests are not present, happy couples develop them. At the same time, be sure to cultivate interests of your own; this will make you more interesting to your mate and prevent you from appearing too dependent.
3. Walk hand in hand or side by side. Rather than one partner lagging or dragging behind the other, happy couples walk comfortably hand in hand or side by side. They know it's more important to be with their partner than to see the sights along the way.
Princess Christine Says: The only thing i have struggle with woodblock will be who is holding whose hands =P SHOULDN'T A GUY be holding and using more strength to hold the ladies hand instead???? AHEM. BIG AHEM!!!
4. Make trust and forgiveness your default mode. If and when they have a disagreement or argument, and if they can't resolve it, happy couples default to trusting and forgiving rather than distrusting and begrudging.
Princess Christine Says: Quarreling is an inevitable process in everyone's r/s whther we are wed a not. Do take a step behind when u are feeling angry. My rule of thumb is never let the quarrel exceed more than 1-3 hours. Usually I will apologise first no matter whether i am in the right or wrong because I prefer to put the fight to a halt and I know that it will be easier for us as I am usually the more angry one during quarrels. Afer apologising, it soften the mood and makes things easier for couple to talk things out. BUT it doesnt mean that by apologising, i will just treat it that I am in the wrong because i treat that as a softening process tactic for talks and whether who is right or wrong it doesnt matter anymore. Most importantly is how to work things out and compromising from there.
I did learn about loving him by accepting the flaws with more open arms when I realsie how woodblock is pretty forgiving to me in the past(ops meaning not now =P). Obviously I am the more benevolent one among the both of us now muahahahah
5. Focus more on what your partner does right than what he or she does wrong. If you look for things your partner does wrong, you can always find something. If you look for what he or she does right, you can always find something, too. It all depends on what you want to look for. Happy couples accentuate the positive.
6. Hug each other as soon as you see each other after work. Our skin has a memory of "good touch" (loved), "bad touch" (abused) and "no touch" (neglected). Couples who say hello with a hug keep their skin bathed in the "good touch," which can inoculate your spirit against anonymity in the world.
Princess Christine Says: Well just say that I do like a clean woodblock rather a smelly one lol
7. Say "I love you" and "Have a good day" every morning. This is a great way to buy some patience and tolerance as each partner sets out each day to battle traffic jams, long lines and other annoyances.
Princess Christine Says: Woodblock's love comes in the healthy breakfast sandwich which he prepares with effort every morning for me. I am geniunely touch to the fullest eating the sandwiches! For me I say too much "I love you" to woodblock everyday whenever I need a favour from him until he always laugh out aloud whenever he hear me say this phrase. He says it sounds like I am trying to BRIBE him into slavery. AM I? Ok mabbe a little bit only.
8. Say "Good night" every night, regardless of how you feel. This tells your partner that, regardless of how upset you are with him or her, you still want to be in the relationship. It says that what you and your partner have is bigger than any single upsetting incident.
Princess Christine Says: Sad to say we only kiss good night and good morning only during weekends lol but better then nothing right =P but that will be after we accuse each other for forgetting to do it the whole week.
9. Do a "weather" check during the day. Call your partner at home or at work to see how his or her day is going. This is a great way to adjust expectations so that you’re more in sync when you connect after work. For instance, if your partner is having an awful day, it might be unreasonable to expect him or her to be enthusiastic about something good that happened to you.
Princess Christine Says: I dont think this will work for us. Woodblock is all enclose inside his office to know whether if typhoon ever reach Singapore =(
10. Be proud to be seen with your partner. Happy couples are pleased to be seen together and are often in some kind of affectionate contact – hand on hand or hand on shoulder or knee or back of neck. They are not showing off but rather just saying that they belong with each other.Princess Christine Says: Full marks to woodblock on this one. I dont think any of his friends ever meet him and see him without me lol. I felt happy that woodblock loves my company so much that he likes bringing me out too all his army friends, secondary school frens and colleagues outing. It feels good to have a hubby who is super duper proud of me!