Wedding blog to share interesting ideas I have found.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Trial Run on "Singapore" First Made Doyley Envelope

These days I wanted to try out the local doilies to show to the readers how we translate the Martha Steward idea Singapore style with little effort =>if not you guys will prolly say I KELONG anyhow suggest but cannot work in Singapore (and most importantly I am doing it for my wedding.)
The sad thing was that I am so brought down with attending full days courses until I hardly have time of my own at own to do any art work (so UPSET like NUTS => I seriously need a break leh!=> I haven stop working since last monday?!?!?!)

So all I can do is use the little night time and did a simple trial with the doily. I decided to use some coloured background paper to complement the plain white doily as the doily paper is just WAYYYY too flimsy on its on.
Good thing that Ah li reminded me that it is afterall an oriental shanghai wedding, so the use of the colour should exude some oriental feel to it. I did try it out with red, orange, fushchia pink and black but somehow Fushchia pink was the best one so far.

Ok shall not be too long winded about the process and let's jut fast forward to the trial product:


The back of the envelope. I din use glue at all cos i am too lazy to do it for the trial.
I bought the pink papers from popular => cheapest one I could got hold of 80 pieces for $4.10 (due to it being a photocopier paper but the colour is not the optimum but I wanted to save up for my pocket so I settle for the less) Ayway the pink is darker real life and slightly nicer than the pic tho.

Now the sucky thing about using the doilies sold locally as mentioned before by one btb (was it Rachael?) was that the center part of the locally sold doily has no print at all, looking freakingly ugly plain with no design details at all. So after much thought I realise that the solution can be both simple or hard.
If you are making cards with low pax count, you may go purchase those super small paper doilies for cups => i saw it at one of the store at jurong point(real cheap) and you can just cut and replace the circular part by proper and neat pasting but of cos you need to make sure the pasting is done with right precision if not it will just appear terok and even worse than no design at all.
but i mentioned that I wan to be more subtle this time round with diys as I dun wan to tire myself out and be more readily there for hong's wedding so I came out with a simpler solution
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
TADA!

Just fold it assymetrically to reveal an arch design on the front cover. Yep the corner are torn becos i m quite stingy to strongly stick to using the same doily for the trial over and over again.

Simple but I like the effect. Actually just an experience to share = > the lace part looks good when we have plain areas to complement it actually. of cos, the doily looks best without any background at all but the thin flimsy doily material can be troublesome for ur guests as it is easy to crumble and crush with little force.

Ok time for my Detective Conan comic reading session in bed with my comfy silky bedsheets muahaahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment