Wedding blog to share interesting ideas I have found.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Trial 3- Doily Envelope

Today I went shopping again for craft material and yay I stumble gold material (becos mainly it was REAL CHEAP) while looking for buttons for woodblock's shirt. Now the doily which I have been using previously was from Diaso, costing me about $2 for 10 pieces. But today I stumble the golden find which is . . . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

50 pieces for $3.20?????? OMG
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
BUT WAIT, there's more!

$2.50 for 50 pieces

After half an hour or struggling and toggling between the 2 new doily designs, I decided to go for the second one finally. SO here the third trial
THE FRONT THE BACKZOOM in on the FRONT
Simply love the emboss parts of the paper other than the standard lace patterns!

ZOOM in on the BACK (1)
I deliberately choose the positioning such that the roses will be at each end - giving a more romantic feel to it.

ZOOM in on the BACK(2)

Did a little detailing with my flower punch



Trying the envelope wth a dummy card

Ok i admit that I was still kinda of lazy so I did hide the folds at the top but hey this is a TRIAL right =P anyway i must give credits to shi yun(my other younger sis-in-law who is a few yrs older than ah li) who has been giving me comments for the processing of the third trial =)

Wonder when woodblock will be back......................???

I'm so hungry waiting for him to eat dinner.

Ok shall do mass production soon when i get more feedbacks and comments from friends for the third trial.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Love your version of doilies envelopes :)
    How did u manage to keep the red paper uniformly placed in all the envelopes? Any tips?
    May I also know where u purchase the doilies for $3.20/$2.50 from?

    SM, love vintage art @sg
    mynzsg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi the doilies are from SKP (bakery shop). to keep the red paper uniformly placed in all the envelopes I actually use the floral print on the doilies as guidelines on where to fold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for sharing :)
    Will try it out. Cheer,
    SM, love vintage art @sg

    ReplyDelete