Wedding blog to share interesting ideas I have found.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Ben Quick" for my "Ban-quet" Card Pls!

Yes finally back home after a loooooong breakfast with qi and a nice hearty lunch with woodblock, qi and hx(qi's bf) at Jack's Place.

So as promise here's the final printout of my DIY Wedding Card printout:



Sad to say that my camera was unable to capture the pearly surface texture of my card! But this printout quality and paper quality(the card thickness and card texture) is only one word - FABULOUS compared to the one that Ah li has prev visited to do the printout for my ROM Invite!

Now the card was printed at this printing shop is call "Ben Quick Printing Service". I know it sounds evil but i did laugh (quite loudly) when Ah li told me the name cos i heard wrongly and thought she was saying "Banquet" in a very broken english pronounciation and I thought she was trying to be funny.

Why thus "FABULOUS" conclusion?
1) Ah li was hardworking enough to run around to do some price survey and this printing shop offered the lowest(almost 1 time cheaper)
2) A variety choice of paper and thus we can actually opt for such classy nice pearl texture paper
3) Help us cut the cards (Ah li printed a few cards on one piece of paper) for FREE (this is the most value added service that I like)

For all these => Initially quoted from other shops - I needed to Fork out like S$70 to print my 80 mini cards and now?

S$40 only (WHAT?!?!?!)

As usual I'm always very kind to even research the exact address for you guys cos Ah li wasnt able to describe to me the location well . . . but i was over the moon for the new 30 bucks savings. However, Ah li did mention that the shopowner seems to set price according to his mood so try to catch him when he is like SUPERB HAPPY so mabbe he might give FOC (ok mabbe FOC only when he laughs like as if he has gone bonkers which is highly unlikely)

Ben Quick Printing Services
80 Anson Rd
#02-01 Singapore 079907
Contact : 63271373
Fax : 63271325


Final Christine and Woodblock's Vintage Wedding Card Cover

Since I bought the new camera, I thought why not re-take the pics of my handmade envelopes for a quick re-cap for new btbs who are reading.


Front of the Envelope - Beautiful Emboss Print which makes it vintage classic piece (but the best reason is that doilies are very cheap). Fuchsia Pink at the back highlights

Reverse of the Envelopes - As I love Fuchsia Pink=> I opted for Fuchsia Pink photocopy paper(yes another value find from popular bookshop)

Interior of envelope - love the roase embossment at the bottom - very romantic feel to it!



Combining the 2 DIY Vintage works together?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


A Timeless Romantic Vintage Wedding Card



I hope my guests like it like I do cos there's so much heart and effort being put up specially for my friends =)

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    will like to know where did you find your cardstock and envelope?? THey look really nice. I am also going to diy my wedidng invitations.

    THanks.

    Amelia

    alexandamelia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, can i know where u make ur envelope?


    Thank you!

    dordor84@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the doilies were bought from SKP (the bakery shop) and the pink paper were actually photocopy paper bought from popular from jurong point branch (one of the biggest and comphrehensive popular around).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hihi, may I know where's SKP (the bakery shop) is? Ur card is so nice .. thanks ..

    shirley
    shirl_82@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete