Wedding blog to share interesting ideas I have found.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wedding Gowns - How to be unique and yet beatthe recession

After being inspire by my last post 'Si Dian Jin - How to be unique and yet beat the recession ' . decided if possible I can come up with new posts with regards to more money saving ideas.


Well the main aim of 'PLANNING' a wedding is to make sure it looks unique and fabulous and YET not burn a hole in the pocket, else not why do we even bother doing researches to do our planning then?


Today I want to talk about the smart Bride celebrity - Jaime Teo!
First look: The wedding gown

Second Look: Simple and elegant evening gown

Final Look: Ready to Party Bride Tunic!

If you have notice and saw her gowns in the magazines, you will realise that it's a 3- in-1 piece of gown. Meaning 1 gown can be transform into 3 kinds of looks! Sounds like 3-in-1 milo? Nah I think it is even better. All of us know that if we were to have an ala carte wedding - just the rental of our dream wedding gown alone may easily cost us 1.5k- 2 plus k on an average.


So does this mean if a 3-1 gown cost like 4-6k?


ANSWER IS NOOoooooooooo. Oh my did it sound like a shrilly no? lol but yup you din see it wrongly at all! Actually unknown to Hong, I was so excited when I see Jaime's gown because my first idea was that this idea really suits Hong so much!


So here's what it is about Hong (at least from my perspective)

1) She dislike the hassle of changing of gowns (yes she is even lazier than me - ok at least from my perspective again)

2) She is more mature than her htb and me (well because we are pretty child-like in terms of mentality), so in our eye, she is like some sort of goddess who should be dress in those elegant type of gown. (ok just kidding she is just suitable for more classy style of gowns)

3) She has preference for her gown to become more light hearted towards the end of the wedding so that she can mingle her guests with ease. (She loves casualness and she is one who never fails to take good care of her friends and make sure they have a great time.)

4) She is also into budgeting as me.


However by the tme i manage to locate her to tell her about my recommendations, she has already seen a tailor to get her dress all designed etc......



SOB

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

BIG SOB

.

.

.

.

.

.

DISHEARTEN SOB
.
.
.
.
.
DISAPOINTED SOB


So I just ask her how does her gown looks like then ?????

GUESS WHAT? She is also planning a 3-1 one gown!!! The same inspiration from Jaime Teo's gown concept just that hers will be a different finally piece from Jaime's tunic dress.


Nevertheless I cant help but marvel about such coincidence. So after hearing the news

= > Christine's deep internal psychology suddenly changed within that few seconds ....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

HAPPY

.

.

.

.

.

.

BIG HAPPY

.

.

.

.

.

.

THRILLED HAPPINESS!


Anyway for such elaborate MTM(made to measure gown), she spends like only $1.8 k and it can be rented out anytime or as many times she can for the pre wedding photoshoot! Such crazy good deal! I cant wait to see her gown soon too. Wonder when will it be out =(


curiosity kills christine

No comments:

Post a Comment