Wedding blog to share interesting ideas I have found.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Eloping Out of Singapore for ...... 6 hrs?!?

In case you are wondering where woodblock and me have disappear to, the answer is simple definitely NOT IN SINGAPORE =P

We slipped out in the morning at 10 am from home with our passport thinking of .....

SOBz
.
.
.
.
.
ELOPING!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Nah you must have watch too much tv drama! Who will elope these days? That's very old fashion and I don't even watch such soap dramas these days. So where did we go with our passports then? Definitely not Sentosa (to an old secondary school classmate who thought we must bring passport to enter Sentosa), BUT City Square(CS) in Malaysia!

Can't tell you how excited I was to get my butt out of the country for a while because it gave me cheap thrill as tho as I am going off somewhere super duper far for a few hours. Plus Woodblock and me have some secret tasks to do over there =)

We went down to Woodlands interchange to take 950 which brings us straight across the crossway to City Square.

I am so excited and shua gu until I must take the pic of the bus number as a memorial of our date to Malaysia.
I wanted to shout to the whole world - 'Shiok Ar!!!!' but I try to add demure and just only do a gentle smile and hide my excitement.

Apparently I don't think my facade plan works well and I couldn't hide my happiness from woodblock's ultra small eye STONING(did I not tell you that woodblock loves to go into a trance and stare into space as a hobby?!? Strange person/piece of wood indeed) PENETRATION

After a few minutes, my excitement seem to have influence woodblock and suddenly his eyes starts to twinkle like mine too! *wink wink*
If you think it's some ulu place we are going: check out the crazy crowd queuing behind us. It's almost like the hello kitty craze queue!
After some grueling jam at the causeway, we finally arrive at City Square!!! It was already 12 pm and I am SUPER HUNGRY that I almost wanna to convert into a vegetarian and bite a piece of woodblock away
A satisfied evil smile on the evil villian who ate woodblock away. *SLURP DELICIOUS BUT A LITTLE TAT TOO FATTY FOR VEG*

Don't worry I was just kidding. How can you believe that a virtuous wife like me would do something so cruel? See this picture is a good proof for the following:
1) Woodblock is healthy and still kicking alive
2) I'm so virtuous until I let woodblock hit my head and I still remain my gentleness through smiling and looking so ever still pretty for the camera =)
Please skip and do not read the following sentence if you are not woodblock
Whisper to woodblock's tiny eyes: (I think you are going to enjoy some 'VIP' treatment for having the nerves to try to hit my head behind the camera while I am busy not looking at you)

Ahem I hope you din peek at the Sweet nothings between a SWEET couple like us!

Ok First stop, sweet recipe! Simple reason = > half price only!!!
Even woodblock can't help but Gasped in AStonishment?!? (told ya guys we are country bumpkins so we are surprise by everything)

SLURPING woodblock. Mabbe 7-eleven should asked woodblock to do advert for their slurpee because when I see woodblock slurping away, he makes it look like it is super delicious because he does it with so much intent concentration and sincerity in savouring the taste.
For me, I just love the SINFUL CREAM =)
Woodblock and I were superb happy(due to hunger) when we see the table full of food! A pity that the rice tasted blend and my chicken cordon bleu tasted like KFC (I do like KFC but it is strange to be eating KFC at secret recipe!)
After lunch, woodblock and me quickly get on to our secret mission to find the legendary VALUE FOR MONEY wedding CAKE! It wasn't easy to find the cake shop as it was hiding in one corner.

RM 5.00 for a wedding cake = > S$2.50
Sigh too bad my mum in law doesn't want us to buy a cheap one in case it makes my mum unhappy. But never mind for those BTBs who are still looking for the cakes, this is a pretty good lobang and I have helped you to capture in photos. I suggest that the couple should buy and try one before ordering in bulk =)

Can't help to take a pic of this basket! Love the elephant head so cute!!! Reminds me of crayon Shin's famous dance ..... *ops*
Now second mission: To check out the shop call IDEAL COLLECTIONS. Reason is simple as they sell wedding goods. We love the ang pows in the shop!
So in the end We bought one pack at RM $3.90 for a pack of 10
I luv the tradtional costume cartoons - looks unique on pink pows! (still get over my pink ROM wedding)
Next next stop: Baskin Robbins. An advantage of going Msia is that many brands of restaurants and shopping boutique which cannot be find in Singapore are found here.
Here, woodblock and me ordered ice cream waffle for a sweet tea break.
We were looking so forward to our ice-cream that we even deliberately sit near the waffle machine to look at the process our of waffle in the making.
A sweet pose from woodblock who waited patiently like a GOOD BOY
In the meanwhile, I kept spying at the waffle machine and waiting for our waffle to be done.
The greedy me even think of swallowing the waffle machine along with the waffle.
Eh was I caught on camera for my greedy side?!?
Woodblock join in to lick the waffle machine and salivate over the waffle machine
Apparently woodblock din find the waffle machine that yummy at all and gave an icky face =(
TADA Finally the GOumet is Here!
Woodblock joined in again and trying his best to look good on the camera while trying to snatch the plate from me that's why my smile looks stiff. (Evil piece of wood!)
He is very hard to get rid of when it comes to food and continues to snatch the plate so (as you can see from the pictures) Princess Christine decided to smack him with the spoons later on.
Our last memory of the yummy Baskin Robin's Ice Cream and Waffle which is not currently somewhere ermanently lodge in our body's fat storage compartment as an eternal sourvenir.
Finally before we got home: We decided to get some nice goodies for woodblock's family to eat!
Mr BaoZ. We saw this on some Taiwan show quite some time ago and we were superhapplicious(new vocab invented by me) to bring it home as a 'permanent souvenir' to our body too.
Here's the webby and the following are the many flavours they have.
http://www.mrbaoz.com.my/

Argh Why is blogspot uploading a pic in the wrong orientation twice in a row =(
Never mind, it still looks good to it despite the buns are lying sideways =P
Time to eat more BaoZ.

2 comments:

  1. hi christine

    heee can i ask u, u mean bus 950 will bring us straight to city square?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope it doesnt bring us to the footsteps of city square but the distance is something like, I get out of Cityhall mrt station and walk through citylink to get to marina square. Very near and pretty much guided with signs =) I found my way there with not much of any problem for the first trip.

    ReplyDelete